Where To Watch
Come along and spectate on the only closed road rally in the North West of England.
The organisers hope thot you come along to watch the 2022 Legend Fires North West Stages Rally. The rally promises to be an incredible spectacle with not only the best of our local crews but also top crews from all over the UK, many in the latest specification, high performance rally cars.
This is a 2022 event not to be missed!
This year we have spectator viewing areas at three separate rally stages, two of which have multiple spectating options.
However, before looking at what is available, please take little time to read this piece from the organisers – we really need your help to secure the future of this event.
As part of the process of closing the roads for the rally we have had to provide detailed plans for how the event will ‘manage’ spectators. Critically this included parking locations as well as the dedicated spectator areas.
The spectator areas have been organised so as to minimise disruption to local residents, who have been extremely supportive and to whom we are enormously grateful. It is imperative that we do not abuse that support by inconsiderate behaviour.
Whether or not we are welcomed back to these roads is, in a large part, reliant on you as spectators playing your part.
Also, we commissioned an environmental assessment to ensure that local wildlife and florae is not endangered.
- Park in designated spectator car parks: Yes there is a charge but this is necessary to pay for the cost of providing the spectator areas including the parking locations, personnel, toilets, safety equipment and first aid.
- Use dedicated spectator areas.
- Use the toilet facilities provided.
- Use the refreshment vans provided.
- Use local shops, pubs and hotels to support the communities that are supporting us and let them know why you are here.
- Listen to the marshals and do as they ask.
- Drive with care and consideration, particularly around the narrow lanes.
- Avoid the non-spectator stages: One of the stages crosses a Site of Special Scientific Interest – spectating there could lose us that stage for future years and stop this years’ stages.
- Remember land is privately owned and other than the designated areas that the organisers have arranged, you do not have permission to be there.
- Respect the locals and the land.
- Stay safe and enjoy your day.
PLEASE DO NOT
- Spectate outside of designated areas: You risk causing upset to local residents and ultimately being responsible for us losing stages in future years.
- Spectate on stages where there are no spectator provisions: You will be responsible for that stage being stopped, and possibly for losing the stage later in the day, and in years to come.
- Park outside of designated spectator car parks: We understand that some people will go to any lengths to avoid paying to park, but the roads around the closed road stages are narrow and if you upset locals and disrupt traffic movement then you may well be responsible for the rally not returning in future years.
- Drive like an idiot: Be aware that the organisers have arranged for additional police cover specifically to monitor spectator behaviour.
The future of this event will be decided in post event de-briefs with County, Town and Parish Councils, local residents and the Police. Please do your ‘bit’ to ensure that the event is seen in the most positive light possible. Good feedback may help us secure more closed roads in future years.
Pay on the Day Parking
Please use the designated car park at Scorton Showground (Nicky Nook Stage) and Chipping Showground (Long Knotts Stage) – parking on the approach lanes is not acceptable and will upset locals and impact emergency access.
The cost to park at both Scorton Showground and Chipping Showground will be £10 per car (includes 4 adults).
Additional Passengers: £5 per person
Pedestrian Access: £5 per person
Children under 16yrs of age go free when accompanied by a paying adult.
For the full spectator guide including driver details and articles please support our chosen charities and buy our fantastic, full colour Official Rally Programme – ONLY £5.00.
This will be available from our programme sellers at Myerscough College, at the Ceremonial Start in Garstang on the Friday and at the designated spectator locations.
Pay on the Day
Where to be and when to be there.
Friday 18th March 2022
|Event||Location||Post Code||Start Time||Information|
|Scrutineering and Documentation||Myerscough College, St Michael’s Lane||PR3 0RY||12:00||See the cars at the rally headquarters before they go to the Garstang Ceremonial Start.|
|Ceremonial Start||Garstang High Street||PR3 1ZA||18:30||See the Town Crier, Samba Espitito Drummers and get up close to the rally cars and drivers with driver interviews on the start ramp.|
Saturday 19th March 2022
|Event||Location||Post Code||Start Time||Information|
|Rally Start||Myerscough College, St Michael’s Lane||PR3 0RY||08:45||Official rally start for 125 competition cars.|
|R&G Fluid Power Group Beacon Fell Stage||Prepaid parking ticket holders parking|
|Spectators with car parking tickets will need to be in position by 07:30.|
|Sharrocks Long Knots Stage||Spectator area is just after the start of the stage with a chicane.||PR3 2QF||09:24|
|PAY ON THE DAY - Parking at Chipping showground. Shortcut walk along a footpath. Depending where you park approximate ½ mile walk.|
|S&W Fabrications, New Breed UK Nicky Nook Stage||Scorton Showground Off Gubberford Lane||PR3 1BN||10:13|
|PAY ON THE DAY - Parking at Scorton Showground. In total approximately 1 mile walk – 20 minutes to the main spectator area.|
|Andrews Bowen PM Groundworks Main Service||Myerscough College, St Michael’s Lane||PR3 0RY||10:30 to 16:05||See the cars being worked on in the main service area.|
|Ceremonial Champagne Spraying Finish||Garstang High Street||PR3 1ZA||16:00 to 19:00||Winners Procession and Champagne spraying and on ramp interviews with drivers. See the successful drivers who have managed to finish this demanding event. Entertainment from the Samba Espitito Drummers and more.|
|Awards Presentation||Guy’s Thatched Hamlet St Michaels Lane||PR3 0RS||21:00||Official overall and class award winners receive their trophies.|
R&G Fluid Power Group Beacon Fell Stage
Sharrocks Long Knots Stage
S&W Fabrications, New Breed UK Nicky Nook Stage
2300 Club, Delta Drives and Controls Hawthornthwaite Stage
Lubing Lewth Stage
Please use the designated car parks – parking on the approach lanes is not acceptable and will upset locals and impact emergency access.
Please DO NOT attempt to access the stages (by foot or vehicle) via any of the other closed roads.
Come along and see the action on this exciting event. Your contribution will benefit our nominated charities and we thank you on their behalf.
Finally, the organisers hope you enjoy your day but most of all please stay safe.