Rallying is potentially very dangerous and we appeal to everyone to stay alert and follow the marshals instructions. If they ask you to move please do so as it’s for your own safety. Please remember if the organisers deem a stage to be unsafe they will cancel it – don’t be the one who causes it to be cancelled!
Watching a live motor sport event is a thrilling experience and one of the best ways for fans to get close to the action, experiencing the sport’s sights, sounds and smells first-hand.
Motorsport UK, event organisers and venues strive to keep spectators safe but ultimately all spectators are responsible for their own personal safety.
Please plan your event with safety in mind. The following points may help:
- We have tried to ensure that you will be able to reach your chosen spectator viewing area without walking on the special stage. If you decide to leave the stage prior to the last competitor, PLEASE ensure that you walk behind taped spectator areas and not on competitive stages. All the competitors will be travelling at high speeds and spectators are strongly advised NOT to walk on the rally route.
- All spectators are reminded that motorsport can be dangerous and despite us taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen. In respect of these, you are present at your own risk.
- We ask that you obey all instructions of safety marshals, spectator marshals, council/security officers and police officers in relation to your safety and that of others.
- Marshals will warn of approaching cars by use of a whistle, please take this as a final signal to ensure you are standing in a safe place and concentrating on the action.
- Please make sure you dress suitably for the prevailing weather conditions and stout footwear is strongly recommended.
- Children and infants should ALWAYS be accompanied by an adequate amount of adults at all times who are responsible for their behaviour and safety.
- Beware of flying stones and uneven or slippery surfaces.
- Stay above the track (never below).
- Do not stand in the straight-on position – you will be told to move.
- Respect the signs and the tape; Yellow and Black is GOOD – i.e. it is ok to stand behind this tape. Red and White is bad, this is a NO GO area. Prohibited area MEANS prohibited area.
- Please be considerate to other spectators to ensure everyone can enjoy the event.
- Listen to the marshals – they are there to help you and ensure the event runs within the safety guidelines prescribed by Motorsport UK, the governing body of UK Motor Sport.
- If you do not abide by the instructions of marshals and event officials, the stage may be stopped or cancelled.
- Marshals and officials have the right to work without being abused or threatened.
- Consider your own safety and that of others at all time.
- Please take all litter home with you.